Note that while categorism based on nationality is usually categorized as racism, this site makes a strict distinction between:
- A.) Categorism based on concepts of race, ethnicity or skin-color - here called racism.
- B.) Categorism based on concepts of nationality - here called apartwelt.
This distinction is especially important while analyzing the legal levels of categorism: While racist systems of law are long dead and buried, apartwelt is still a core feature of how human civilization on this planet is organized.
Racism expressed through facets of categorism such as...
- Hate-crimes: A white supremacist group spreading hateful propaganda against people of color, escalating to incite violence.
- Stigmatization: Associating dark skin with all kinds of negative traits.
Racism in example texts
- A frivolous arrest: The woman is most likely targeted for (although not only for) her race. The copcaller as well as the cops are somewhat likely to have negative stereotypes about people of color in general and particularly against the non-white person in any mixed race relationship.
- Flexible bullies: While the bullying against Suzie and Jenny is racism on the individual and group level, the bullying against Suzie is also connected to racism on the structural and systemic levels.